The information contained herewith should only be used as a general information guide, and is not intended to substitute a healthcare provider’s medical advice / knowledge. Consult your healthcare provider prior to following any information contained herein. While the authors and publishers have made every effort to ensure the information is accurate and correct, we accept no responsibility for any inconvenience, or injury sustained by any person using this webpage or following the information included. E&OE
For more information, speak to your healthcare provider.
*Compared to B-CAL
1. Impact RX. MAT MAY 2019.
2. Hughes D, Mayer J. Invest in your bones: the role of food and nutrition in building and maintaining strong bones. USA: International Osteoporosis Foundation; 07 August 2006. 24 p.
3. Hough, S. et al, NOFSA Guideline for the Diagnosis and Management of Osteoporosis, Journal of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes of South Africa, 2010, 15 (3): (Supplement 1).
4. National Institute of Health. Calcium: Fact Sheet for Health Professionals (Internet). 2014 (updated 2013 Nov 21; cited 2014 Jan 27) Available from: http://ods.od.nih. gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/.
5. National Institute of Health. Magnesium: Fact Sheet for Consumers (Internet). 2016 (updated 17 February 2016;cited 15 March 2016) Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/pdf/factsheets/Magnesium- Consumer.pdf.
6. Mahan, L.K. et al. Krause’s Food and the Nutrition Care Process. 13th edition. P.102-105. United States of America. Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc. 2012.
7. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney disease. Chronic Kidney Disease- Mineral and Bone. [Internet]. 2016. Available from: http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/ kidney-disease/chronic-kidney-disease-mineral-and-bone-disorder/Pages/facts.asp.
Proprietary name (and dosage form): B-CAL®-DM Tablets. Composition: Each tablet contains: 500 mg Calcium, 400 IU Vitamin D3 and 125 mg Magnesium. Proprietary name (and dosage form): B-CAL®-D Tablets. Composition: Each tablet contains: 500 mg Calcium and 400 IU Vitamin D3. Proprietary name (and dosage form): B-CAL® Ultra Tablets. Composition: Each tablet contains: 500 mg Elemental Calcium, 400 IU Vitamin D3, 85 mg Elemental Magnesium, 1 mg Copper (AAC), 490 μg Folic Acid, 2 mg Manganese (AAC), 25 μg Molybdenum (AAC), 37 μg Selenium (AAC), 24 mg Vitamin B6, 24 μg Vitamin B12, 60 mg Vitamin C, 15 mg Zinc (AAC). Proprietary name (and dosage form): B-CAL® Tablets. Composition: Each tablet contains: 500 mg Calcium. Proprietary name (and dosage form): Calcium Citrate D® Granules. Composition: Each sachet contains: 500 mg Elemental Calcium (from calcium citrate), 400 IU Vitamin D3. Proprietary name (and dosage form): B-Cal®-K2 Tablets. Composition: Each tablet contains: 500 mg Calcium, 100 mg Magnesium, 60 mg Vitamin C, 1000 IU Vitamin D3, 45 ug Vitamin K2. Complementary medicine: Health Supplement. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use. Name and business address: iNova Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd, Co. Reg. No. 1952/001640/07, 15E Riley Road, Bedfordview. Tel. No. 011 087 0000. www.inovapharma.co.za. Further information available on request from iNova Pharmaceuticals.